Who are the nominees for the 2019 European Broadband Awards? Which are the initiatives that made a difference in providing citizens with broadband internet? The expert jury selected the 15 finalists. Come to Brussels on the 2nd of December to learn who the winners are!
A jury of five international broadband experts assessed and evaluated the submitted project applications and selected the following finalists.
Category 1. Innovative models of financing, business and investment
- Community decision as trigger for FttH
- Rural Network – Innovative model of financing, business and investment (RUNE)
- Superfast Internet Program Hungary
Category 2. Cost reduction measures and co-investment
- Loikumer Glasfaser Modell [LGM]
- Support for broadband infrastructure (stage II) – PRIP2
- Wohnstadt “im Asemwald”
Category 3. Socio-economic impact in rural and remote areas
- PEBA Basque Country – Ultrafast broadband services extension in areas of economic activity and rural zones
- Senden: Total coverage with FTTH by private sector and civic initiative
- We beat the cities! – children for a future country life
Category 4. Demand generation and take-up of connectivity
Category 5. Quality and affordability of services
The highest number of applications came from Germany and the UK. The majority of projects applied in category 3 “Socio-economic impact in rural and remote areas”. The winners of the European Broadband Awards 2019 (one per category) will be announced in a special Award ceremony in the evening of the 2nd of December in Brussels. A cocktail party will follow the ceremony.
On the following day (3 December) in the B-Day: Boosting Connectivity Investments conference the winning projects will participate in a discussion panel sharing their knowledge and experience on how to become one of Europe’s best practices.